Alternate mapping for the G13

Post your Midi or keyboard mapping files here

Alternate mapping for the G13

Postby dorfl68 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:50 pm

The G13 originally delivered with Paddy maps the Windows key, which can lead to trouble. Here is an alternative mapping that uses things like ALT-CTRL-SHIFT-F1 and similar, rarely used, combinations of the numpad
  • Download the ZIP file here: http://dorflsoft.com/other/Paddy_g13_alternate.zip
  • Save the .xml and import into the G13 via the latest Logitech Gaming software
  • Save the .info file in C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Paddy\keyboardpacks if it doesn't exist there yet (it should if you are running the newest version of Paddy)
  • Restart Paddy
  • Goto preferences->Basic Setup->External keyboards and select "G13 (Alternate)"

You can now map the G13
-----------------------------------------
Please donate to Project Paddy
dorfl68
Site Admin

Re: Alternate mapping for the G13

Postby dsphoto » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:10 am

I would love to download your alternate mapping but I don't see a link anywhere.
dsphoto

Postby dorfl68 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:07 am

[edited]

Updated above with Link. However, if you are running the newest Paddy, you should be all set without the download. You should have the .xml for the G13 via the Start Menu->Paddy->Templates, then G13. The option should then be available in the "external keyboards" tab in basic settings. If not, let me know please
-----------------------------------------
Please donate to Project Paddy
dorfl68
Site Admin

Postby bozwellox » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:17 pm

Apologies if this is a stupid question (I'm just getting started out with Paddy), but once I've loaded the mapping into the Logitech software, and assigned the G13 in Lightroom, is it at that point essentially just a "blank canvas", i.e. I need to map everything myself? Or am I missing something? I thought it might include a pre-defined template for the G13 but it doesn't appear to, unless I'm doing something wrong (which is a distinct possibility).

No problem if not as I'm enjoying playing around assigning things myself, but I'm sure there is probably a better, more logical way to set things up for editing in Lightroom. Can anyone share how they have theirs setup?

Thanks so much for Paddy by the way, I've only been using it for a couple of hours but I can really see this making a massive difference to my workflow - just being able to edit in "lights out" mode is amazing - no distractions! :D
bozwellox

Return to Users sharing their settings